Originally from the small Ojibway community of Pic Mobert, along the northern shore of Lake Superior, Candace holds a bachelor of Fine Art degree from Lakehead University. She currently lives & works in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.
"I have always had a deep love of visual art, and became inspired in my teenage years to create as a means of expression and ultimately self-healing. I struggled with issues of identity; I was in conflict, unable to place myself in Western-dominated society.
In showing my work and seeing its effect on viewers, I was encouraged to continue sharing. I began to see the potential of artwork to heal a whole community."
- Definitely Superior Annual Juried Exhibition 2008-2014
- Urban Infill / Definitely Superior Art Gallery 2007-2012
- Biindigaate Indigenous Film Festival Annual Art Exhibit 2009-2012
- Lakehead University Annual Juried Exhibition, Thunder Bay Art Gallery 2012
Awards & Scholarships
- Robert Markle Scholarship ; Woodlands Cultural Centre
- Lakehead University Alumni Purchase Prize 2008